- Home Performance Contracting
- Home Energy Audits
- Crawlspace Encapsulation
Home performance and energy efficiency are two of the most important things that Greenville, SC homeowners can focus on. Sometimes, however, improving home performance can be a challenge. While there may be obvious signs that your home’s efficiency is suffering (a marked increase in your energy bill, for example), problems can often exist without showing themselves in such a clear manner. This leads many homeowners to believe that everything is just fine, which can lead to underlying problems getting worse.
At Benton Green Energy, we believe that every one of our customers deserves to get the most out of home performance and energy efficiency, which is why we offer a home energy audit for just $250. It’s a massive step toward helping you save money on your energy bill, no matter when your home was built.
What’s Included in a Home Energy Audit?
A home energy audit is essentially an analysis of how well the various systems within your home perform in tandem with one another. It’s a suite of tests that take into consideration all the different aspects of your home that might affect energy efficiency, including the following:
- Duct Leakage Test
- Overall Air Tightness (Blower Door Test)
- Heating and Cooling System Evaluation
- Energy Usage Analysis
- Evaluation of Gas Appliances
Think of our home energy audit as the full-court press approach to defending your home performance. It’s a perfect way to ensure that everything is buttoned-up properly and that important maintenance needs aren’t being overlooked.
Reasons to Schedule an Energy Audit
Our $250 home energy audit is the first step towards enjoying a variety of benefits, such as:
- Increased Home Comfort — Your home can only be comfortable if everything is working properly. A home energy audit can be used to discover whatever problems may exist so that we can tailor a solution to your needs.
- Better Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) — The air you and your family breathe needs to be safe and clean for you to be able to rest easy at night. If IAQ issues exist, a home energy audit will uncover them.
- Longer Systems Life — Heating and cooling systems can last for many years when properly maintained, but their lifespan decreases when problems are left to fester. A home energy audit sheds light on these issues so that valuable improvements can be made.
- Lower Energy Bills — If your energy bill has been higher than usual lately, there’s a good chance you have a home performance problem on your hands. An energy audit can reverse these types of issues.
- Safer Home Environment — Perhaps most important, an energy audit promotes a safer home environment for you and your family, as the entire home is given a thorough lookover during the process.
Scott Kelly, President of Carolina Heating Service
I first ran into Dean at a customer house several years ago. He was doing an energy audit where I was upgrading the HVAC system. Dean had recommended some upgrades to the home which greatly reduced the customer’s utility bill.